Are you passionate about the Outdoors?
We’d love to hear from you!
We require passionate individuals to deliver activity sessions to groups remotely and from our Sea Front location here in Minehead. The instructor role is a significant one and carries responsibility for the management of people and resources, delivery of
Experience leading a team, delivering outdoor/indoor learning, and a range of adventurous activities is an advantage but not essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Delivering high quality outdoor and adventurous activities for a range of clients.
- Supervision of activity staff and resources as required.
- Organisation of venues,
- Implementation of the company’s Safety Management System including the development and on-going improvement and review of Risk Assessments and Operating Procedures.
- Day-to-day administration and record keeping
- Maintaining communication with the team.
- Supporting the Senior Instructor and responding flexibly and creatively to opportunities and challenges.
- Working overnight and on the weekends.
Qualifications and Skills
- Show an understanding of the place of outdoor learning and the benefits of outdoor and adventurous activities for a range of client groups.
- Have a significant experience of working with people.
- Have a good level of water confidence.
Full UKdriving licenceand have own vehicle for getting to and from work.
- Be comfortable with heights.
- Annual Leave – 21 days plus public holidays (pro rata) No holiday in July and August.
- Travel – £0.32 per mile for work travel in own vehicle.
- Uniform – company clothing items are provided.
- Sick Pay – SSP only.
- On the job training provided.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: £16,000.00 to £18,000.00 pro rata
Applications close at 5 pm on 8th January
The posts are seasonal from 02/04/18 to 31/08/18, average 37.5 hours/week. Salary dependant on experience.